For commercial properties that need extra parking space, it’s typical to pursue a parking lot extension. These expansions can also be necessary due to new machinery, increased inventory, drainage or safety issues, or a general lack of space. Regardless of the reason you may want or need to extend a commercial parking lot, it is crucial to understand the fundamentals before you start.
At A. Macchione Brothers, we understand the ins and outs of working with asphalt, and we are proud to work with a variety of clients on their parking lot expansion projects. Let’s look at some of the essential facts to understand when considering a parking lot extension.
The Benefits of Parking Lot Extension
There are many reasons to consider a parking lot expansion, and it can bring many unexpected benefits as well. Here are some of the most common benefits:
- More parking spaces. This one is pretty simple; a larger parking lot means more room for parking spaces. This can be important if your company or organization is growing past expectations, or if you are expecting a surge in visitors.
- More room for cars to maneuver. Increasing the size of your parking lot can create more room for cars to turn, pass each other, and pull into spaces. This will improve the experience of visitors and employees using your parking lot, as well as make it safer for cars to traverse.
- Opportunities to fix problems with construction. Issues that have formed during or since the construction of your parking lot can be addressed while expanding it. A professional asphalt paving company will ensure your needs are addressed when expanding your lot. This can also include preventative measures, such as asphalt sealcoating or drainage solutions for runoff.
Tips for Making a Parking Lot Bigger
There are a few key factors to consider and steps to pursue when planning a parking lot expansion that will ensure your project goes smoothly. Let’s review some quick tips:
- Assess your needs. This should be your first step when considering an expansion. What unique needs do you have for your parking lot? Do you need updated drainage solutions? Are there any issues your current lot is facing that need to be addressed before expanding? These questions should be discussed with your asphalt paving provider before the extension begins.
- Make a maintenance plan. It’s vital to keep your parking lot in great condition after the expansion. Routine care for your parking lot is essential for extending the life of your pavement and includes repairing cracks and potholes quickly, and opting into a high-quality asphalt sealcoat.
- Leave the installation to the professionals. An experienced asphalt pavement company will be able to provide the best possible outcome for your next parking lot expansion project. Ensure their equipment and capabilities meet your needs before beginning the project.
Contact Us Today
Here at A. Macchione Brothers offer nearly 40 years of experience as industry-leading asphalt milling experts serving Northern New Jersey and the Northern Bergen County area.
We tackle any damaged pavement areas, including the restoration of parking lots, large driveways, and roadways. Contact us for any project you need, as our crew and machine can help with all aspects of asphalt services. Schedule a free estimate, and discuss your project details with one of our owners today.